Image Map

Monday, January 13, 2014

Mix it Up...



Top: JCrew old (similar HERE)Skirt: Nordstrom (similar HERE)Shoes: Christian LouboutinGlasses: Tom FordsHandbag: Kate Spade (similar HERE)

Pattern mixing is not as difficult as some make it out to be.  When executed properly, pattern mixing can lead you to a unique look that is all your own.  When I personally do this, I like to stick to a few general rules: 

1. Always feel confident in your wardrobe choices. This is my number one rule when it comes to any/all areas of style. Confidence is very noticeable to others, and it should be an obvious trait associated with the way you carry and dress yourself. Confidence should be the finishing touch added to all of your outfit choices (especially ones that others may question).
2. Keep the shape/silhouette classic. This will balance out the contrasting patterns. 
3. When it comes to leopard print, the answer is always yes.  We have all heard by now that leopard print is a neutral. So ladies, rock it hard!

Happy Monday!

Linking up With:

15 comments:

  1. Great look! Loving those frames on you - such a statement piece! And I agree, leopard print is a neutral in my book ;)

    Bold Subtlety

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!!!!!!!! Love the plaid top with the leather skirt. Gorgeous.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on pattern mixing, love thse heels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is amazing and I love the pattern mixing!

    Sierra
    Life as a Waterleaf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the patterns going on in this look! Super cute!! Thanks so much for linking up with Mix it Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl I LOVE these patterns! You always look so chic but these patterns together are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shoes, I die! Love that you paired leopard and plaid! Definitely works! I love those glasses, too! And I'm jealous of your hair! So many envious things about this outfit!
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thanks for the kind words :)

      Delete